Pinterest, the pin board photo-sharing website, was created in March 2010. Just three years later, the site has over 70 million users. So, why should you market on Pinterest? I can think of 70 million reasons why, but we’ll stick with ten today (all statistics are provided by Expandedramblings.com):
1. Pinterest is ranked as the third most popular social network site, right after Facebook and Twitter.
2. 9 million users have connected their Pinterest account to their Facebook account.
3. The total amount of social referrals to commerce sites from Pinterest is 20%.
4. Let me repeat this one more time: 70 million users.
5. About 80% of those users are women.
6. Pinterest shoppers spend around $140-180 per order.
7. 18% of users have a household income of over $75,000.
8. The average time spent on Pinterest is 14.2 minutes a visit.
9. Pinterest has around 2.5 billion page views a month.
10. Almost 80% of pins are repins.
Whether you’re already on board with the other 500,000 businesses on Pinterest or not, marketing on the site holds great opportunities. Try it out; starting a business account is free and easy! You never know how much additional traffic you might get until you try!