7 Shocking Social Media Facts For Marketers (Infographic)

Did you know that, according to Nielsen, it is estimated that social media and blogs reach 80% of all active US Internet users (of which there are 245 million)?

If you are involved in any type of business, you can benefit from online marketing.  Who wouldn’t want to be able to get their message out to approximately 245 million people in the United States?

However, using social media for marketing is more than just opening up a free Facebook account and spamming everyone.  There is a science behind it.  Some executives still wrongly believe that since social media is free, there’s no need to spend any money on marketing or education on the platform.  However, this type of thinking will allow your competition to gobble up your potential customers and leaving your empty handed.

Booz and Company released an online marketing report recently in which they interviewed 1700 CEOs from large companies about social media marketing.  100% of the CEOs interviewed agreed to either maintain or increase their social media budget for the upcoming year.  Of that 100%, only 5% were maintaining, while the remaining 95% were increasing their online marketing efforts.

The CEOs interviewed gave 2 main reasons for success in social media marketing campaigns:

  1. Get educated.  You don’t know what you don’t know, so open yourself up to the possibilities that exist on social networking sites.
  2. Social Tools.  Use tools that will make the implementation quick, efficient, and simple.  If implementation is difficult and time consuming, then the strategy will fail.

Below are 7 shocking social media facts about marketing online that every marketer should know.  And, for the heck of it, I threw in an extra bonus statistic as well.

Feel free to share this infographic if you find it useful!

7 Shocking Social Media Facts

social media facts 2012 7 Shocking Social Media Facts For Marketers (Infographic)

Image: FreeDigitalPhotos.net

For more information on how to create and implement your own social media marketing plan in just 7 Minutes a Day, please visit http://SocialMediaIn7Minutes.com

 

Share on Facebook



Written by

Tom Bukacek is a best selling author ("Marketing Miracles" with Dan Kennedy) on the subject of social media marketing. Mr. Bukacek is also the voice of 'Social Media In 7 Minutes', the online social media marketing training program that combines video training with a social media dashboard. Finally, Mr. Bukacek is the CEO of Black Box Social Media LLC, (BBSM) an online marketing company that uses the latest digital marketing strategies to allow businesses to get found and generate leads online. BBSM works with best selling authors, International speakers, real estate gurus, professional sports teams, and other types of professionals interested in branding their name and company online.

1 Comments to “7 Shocking Social Media Facts For Marketers (Infographic)”

  1. Farhat says:

    Pretty portion of content. I simply stumbled upon your website and in accession capital to assert that I get in fact loved account your weblog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing in your augment and even I fulfillment you get admission to persistently rapidly.

Leave a Reply