1. (paraphrased) On Friday Facebook is taking possession of your private photos, change this advertising setting to stop them
2. “I have hacked: Friend name, friends Name Accounts. it’s so easy! Check it out –http://on.fb.me/ lsrfEXI?02098″
3. “YOUR NAME – I’m using Stik.com to build my professional reputation on Facebook. Please visit my profile and click the “Recommend” button to support me”
This application is a SPAM app. I consider this an INFECTED app though its harm appears limited to spamming all of your friends. Do not reply to this app, but go to your friends wall and let them know they are infected, to remove the app and to change their password. This is very very similar to the other SPAM app “BranchOut“. They look very legit unfortunately.
4. Old Man Picture Scam – “see what you look like when you’re old” (paraphrased)
INFECTED: Don’t click the link, Don’t approve the application it links to either, post a NEW message on the person’s profile wall (not as a reply) that they are infected and to first remove the application and then change their password.
5. [Osama Video/Link] “This Will Leave You Speechless” …. “Osama Bin Laden Killed!”
NOTE: We WILL see a rash of Osama Bin Laden based spams and scams and infected content over the next month. Please be SUPER careful. I know we all want to know, but hackers are already exploiting this!
INFECTED: Click-Jacking. This one is dangerous the minute you touch it. As soon as you touch it it starts spamming the walls of your friends very aggressively. Some notes say its supposedly “supposed to be” a BBC video or recorded by US Troops, but its completely bogus. Don’t click the link. Visit the profile wall of the infected individual and leave them a NEW message (not a reply to the infected one) letting them know they are hijacked and need to change their password and remove all the infected stuff from their friends profiles.