What is e-Marketing?
Do you feel as it you don’t have time to market? Are you looking for ways to consistently and effectively market your business on a budget? Are you looking for a way to put as much of your marketing on autopilot as possible? Then e-Marketing may be a good strategy for your business to look into.
e-Marketing, or Internet Marketing, is a subset of e-Business that utilizes the Internet to perform marketing activities in order to achieve marketing goals for an organization. Simply put, e-Marketing is selling products or services over the Internet. There can be many advantages and potential pitfalls for using this strategy to promote a product or service.
Following are some of the advantages:
- Speed of launching a new product or service
- Reduction in costs through use of electronic media
- Quicker response to both marketers and the end user
- Low risk
- Increased exposure of products and services
- Increased interaction with customer
- Easier to track performance
Following are some disadvantages:
- Just as good news can travel fast, so can bad news
- Dependence on technology
- Security, privacy issues
- Maintenance costs due to a constantly evolving environment
- Lower barrier to entry means increased price competition
- Worldwide competition through globalisation
If you liked ‘e-Marketing’, then you may also enjoy: