Google Search Engine Optimization
Optimizing Your Site For Google
There are several choices when it comes to using a search engine, but today Google is king! When it comes to optimizing a website for search engine rankings then it makes sense to optimize you site with Google in mind. The numbers are staggering.
“Google Sites led the U.S. explicit core search market in November with 66.2 percent market share, followed by Yahoo! Sites with 16.4 percent and Microsoft sites with 11.8 percent (up 0.3 percentage points). Ask Network accounted for 3.6 percent of explicit core searches, followed by AOL LLC Network with 2.0 percent.”
There are over 200 factors that go into a Google ranking that a person should know to increase their SEO, unfortunately nobody but Google knows them all.
What Does Google Look At To Rank A Website?
Here’s what we do know:
- Google like’s Keywords. Keywords in the URL, domain name, title tags, metatags and throughout your content.
- Google like’s Structure. Sitemaps, working links, and intra-site linking are important.
- Google like’s External Links – Links to good websites and good sites linking to you are worth tons.
- Google like’s Fresh and Relevant Content – Content is king! Post relevant content often!
- Google like’s Traffic – Page views, time spent on site, bookmarking, and click through rate are all factors as well.
As we mentioned before there are tons of factors that go into Google rankings, but by following the rules above you will have a good start at achieving a high ranking for your site.