Search Engine Optimization Tips
Top 5 Search Engine Optimization Tips
Search engine optimization is not an easy task. According to some experts there are more than 200 variables in Google’s search algorithm. So how can any normal person optimize their webpage when there are so many variables. There are many ‘gurus’ all over the net promoting their latest search engine optimization tips or strategies, but here are the Top 5 Search Engine Optimization Tips, tried and true, and guaranteed to get your website ranked well with the search engines.
Black Box Social Media’s Top Five Search Engine Optimization Tips:
- Use 5-10 main related keywords or phrases for the entire site – Keywords are the terms that a person would type into a search engine to find what they are looking for. Compile a small list of words and phrases that are relevant to your site and use them throughout the site. Use Google’s Search based keyword tool.
- Link Well – Linking is important both on and off of your site. When linking pages on your site, use your sites keywords as much as possible. Linking to outside sites and having them link back to your site is huge too, especially if the other site gets a lot of traffic.
- Content is King – These days content is everything when it comes to search engine placement. Create relevant, fresh content often on your site, and don’t forget to use those keywords.
- Use an XML Sitemap – Sitemaps show the search engines how your site is setup and makes it easier for them to crawl, big points for you and your website. Build one here.
- Syndicate Your Content – Syndication drives exposure of your content across numerous online platforms. This will generate new traffic for your site which makes it a free and easy form of advertisement. The links back to your website are great for search engine optimization as well.
Although there are many other ways to increase your search engine rankings, following these 5 search engine optimization tips will greatly increase your site’s rankings and traffic in the search engines.