Top 3 Social Media Websites
What are the top 3 social media websites, and how can entrepreneurs benefit?
“Planning is bringing the future into the present so that you can do something about it now” – Alan Lakein.
If you can’t see the finish line, how do you expect to run in the race? Without an end to justify your means, your business will flail around aimlessly until the plugs is mercifully plugged. Part of a successful social media plan for entrepreneurs requires knowledge of social media websites and the benefits of using each. This article will focus on the top 3 social media websites (LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter) and how each social media website can benefit a business.
Social Media Websites | LinkedIn
LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional network with over 80 million members and, like most other forms of social media, continues rapid growth. LinkedIn connects you to trusted contacts and helps you exchange knowledge, ideas, and opportunities with a broader network of professionals. The benefits for entrepreneurs for using LinkedIn for their social media websites are as follows:
1. Research people and companies
2. Reconnect with past business associates/colleagues
3. Build new networking relationships with individuals who may influence potential customers
For established entrepreneurs looking to develop themselves as industry experts, do so through the LinkedIn Answers domain(s) relevant to your industry will be a great way to increase your level of credibility and drive new traffic to your business.
Social Media Websites | Facebook
Facebook is a social media website that connects friends, family, and business associates. The way Facebook works is that users create a profile page that shows their friends and networks information about themselves, such as their interests, other associates, and contact information. The detailed information on these social media websites makes it possible for businesses to target qualified customers.
For a business, it is best to keep your business profile separate from your personal page by creating a fan page or an Official Page for your business. Remember everything on your business page should be business related.
- Groups can be created by users. These can include hobbies and interests, which is valuable information.
- Events can be created by users as well, and this feature allows friends to organize seminars, meetings, and other networking events in the business world. Users can also become fans of everything such as people, organizations, and products.
- The biggest benefit for entrepreneurs from Facebook is the potential seeding ground Facebook presents for viral marketing opportunities. When people become friends, they are able to see all of each others’ profiles, including what people say about products or services they enjoy. This networking opportunity can be beneficial as many people are more likely to purchase something that a friend or family member has recommended.
Advertising with Facebook Pay Per Click Ads is an extremely effective way to market towards your targeted audience, but unlike the other benefits listed above, this option is not free. For more information about Facebook PPC, please contact Black Box Social Media at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Media Websites | Twitter
Many industries are turning to Twitter to communicate with customers. Twitter another one of these social media websites that have 140 characters to answer the ever important question, “What are you doing?” If you join Twitter you can “follow” other twitterers, which causes their updates to appear on your home page, and in turn, they can follow you, creating a form of permission-based marketing.
Industry leaders are using Twitter as a communications tool. Here’s how you might use Twitter to benefit your business:
- Post questions for quick answers and answer others’ questions to establish your credibility and expertise
- Create links to your Web site or information blogs
- Keep up on the buzz in your industry
Some of the direct benefits of using the Twitter social media websites is the improvement in SEO rankings, improved communication with your customers, brand building, instant Q&A, and a good way to find out what your customers think about the industry you are in.
If you liked ‘Top 3 Social Media Websites’, then you may also enjoy: