Creating Successful Viral Marketing Campaigns
Tips on Creating Viral Marketing Campaigns!
Viral marketing, according to wikipedia.com, is a marketing technique that use pre-existing social networks to produce increases in brand awareness or to achieve other marketing objectives (such as product sales) through self-replicating viral processes (analogous to the spread of virus or computer viruses). It can be delivered by word of mouth or enhanced by the network effects of the Internet. Viral promotions may take the form of video clips, interactive Flash games, advergames, ebooks, brandable software, images, or eventext messages. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viral_marketing
Successful viral marketing campaigns have two elements to them: first, they leverage multiple existing networks and second, they create original content that is worth sharing with others.
Creating Successful Viral Marketing Campaigns | Leverage existing networks
The most common way to launch a viral campaign is to use existing online communities as leverage. If you have created and incubated a targeted digital network of friends and followers, they can provide a launching point for viral marketing campaigns you’ve thought up. After unleashing the idea virus, if the content is good and resonates with others, that initial group of friends can unknowingly cause it to be seen by tens of thousands, or even hundreds of thousands of visitors very quickly.
Creating Successful Viral Marketing Campaigns | Who to use
- Digg/Reddit/StumbleUpon/Delicious: If your viral marketing campaigns go popular on one of these sites it will get seen by thousands of people on the specific network alone.
- Twitter: Having a person of influence and affluence tweet your campaign can have a positive residual effect, so the story will snowball throughout Twitter and roll into other mediums on the internet.
- Blogs: If you have relationships with a blogger of influence and affluence and they’ll mention or repost your article, then you will give your viral marketing campaign another avenue in which to snowball.
- Advertising: potentially, if you don’t have a network already built, you can leverage advertising, such as pay per click, to help spark viral marketing campaigns.
Creating Successful Viral Marketing Campaigns | Characteristics
Successful viral marketing campaigns need to have certain characteristics in order to get noticed, get shared, and snowball across the Internet. The biggest question you need to ask yourself before you create your viral marketing campaigns is ‘why would people want to share this idea?’ The following are characteristics of successful viral marketing campaigns:
- Funny / entertaining
- Give value
- Thought provocative
- Evoking positive emotions
If you liked ‘Creating Successful Viral Marketing Campaigns’, then you may also enjoy: