What Is Social Networking
What is Social Networking and Should I Learn It?
According to www.whatissocialnetworking.com, social networking is the grouping of individuals into specific groups, like small rural communities or a neighborhood subdivision, if you will. Although social networking is possible in person, especially in the workplace, universities, and high schools, it is most popular online.
Is Social Networking Online Popular?
- 47% of online adults use social networking sites
- 73% of teens and young adults are a member of at least one social network
- More than 1.5 million local businesses have active Pages on Facebook
- The average user spends more than 55 minutes per day on Facebook
- Facebook has 400+ million active users, with over 1.5 million business pages.
- Twitter has 24+ million unique visitors per month, with 500 million tweets per day.
- 11 Percent (or 33.88m) of US Online Adults Use Twitter
- There are approximately 50 million Tweets sent per day, at about 600 tweets per second.
Unique visitors per month, as of February 2010
- Facebook: 133,623,529
- MySpace: 50,615,444
- Twitter: 23,573,178
- Linkedin: 15,475,890
Social Networking for Business
Social Networking has become incredibly popular over the past few years and doesn’t look to lose popularity any time soon. Social networking is a prominent tool for communication and self-expression (especially among young adults and teenagers) and is not only a great tool for meeting friends but also has a business purposes as well. It is expanding the amount of business or personal contacts that each of us knows and is able to let you surpass your business, marketing, and networking goals. Social networking for business is the new operating environment, and those business that do not implement social networking strategies will be left behind by businesses that do.