Video Marketing Tips
Top 8 Video Marketing Tips
Video can be a powerful tool for promoting and selling your products and services, but bad quality video can actually do more harm than good. The last thing you want is a shoddy video that makes you or your company look fly-by-night. The good news is that making professional-style video doesn’t have to be expensive or difficult. ClickBank vendor and web video expert Gideon Shalwick offers his top 8 video marketing tips below and created three videos to help you get started.
Here are some of Gideon’s video marketing tips:
- Choose a decent video camera: A good camera doesn’t have to be expensive. Gideon suggests looking at the Flip Ultra HD, the Kodak Zi8, or the Creative Vado. For a bit better quality (and a step up in price), check out the Cannon t2i.
- Your computer is important too: Faster is better. But your machine doesn’t have to be brand new. It’ll be good as long as it’s not more than three years old, Gideon says.
- Key software is key: Decent video editing can be done with free programs, such as iMovie on a Mac or Movie Maker on Windows. But to go up a notch with more features, you can consider Sony Vegas HD or ScreenFlow.
- Don’t skimp on sound: Great audio is critical. Consider inexpensive external microphones to use with your video camera.
- It’s all in the lighting: Good lighting can make all the difference, but it can be done with standard home lamps, or inexpensive fluorescents. Don’t shine a light straight on your subject’s face!
- Make your point: You don’t have a lot of time in a video, so be clear on the problem that your product or service solves.
- Know your audience: Determine your audience and who you are solving this problem for. Address the typical person in your target market. How old are they? What gender are they? What kind of money do they make?
- Have a clear plan: Your video should follow a great structure and lead the viewer into the action step.
Consider following this structure:
- The Story: People love drama or a problem they can identify with.
- The Solution: Once you’ve told the story, introduce your solution.
- The Benefits: Think of the top three benefits your product supplies and explain them well.
- The Guarantee: Make sure you offer a guarantee (remember ClickBank promises a 60-day guarantee).
- The Action: Ask your viewer to take action by clicking on the buy-now button.
If you liked “Video Marketing Tips” you will also like: