Social Media Marketing
What Is Social Media Marketing?
Social media marketing is one of the newest forms of marketing that takes advantage of the rise in popularity of social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Marketing through social media allows a business to utilize and profit from the use of web 2.0 platforms, such as blogs, social networking sites, and other emerging marketing tools. Social media differs from traditional media in that it involves two-way communication, where users are empowered to generate content and businesses are incentivized to communicate with their customers.
Benefits Of Social Media In Marketing
There are many benefits of using social media in marketing. Here are just a few:
- Customer Acquisition – The main advantage of marketing through social media is that you will reach customers and networks of people that you otherwise would not come across utilizing other traditional marketing techniques and even SEO.
- Brand Awareness – Branding your business in the social media arena is much easier and faster to accomplish than in any other advertising medium. There exists less competition in this space as well because it is not yet understood by many businesses.
- Targeted Marketing – Marketing efforts in the social media space are easily targeted, tracked, and quantifiable. Unlike any other marketing method, social media marketing is exact and can be tracked in real-time. The other benefit here is that currently marketing in social media is inexpensive as compared to other marketing avenues.
- Customer Retention – Social media outlets are the perfect places to communicate with your customers about new products, special promotions, or merely to educate them on your business. Through regular, FREE, communication you can keep your company in front of your customer’s eyeballs which will in turn lead to repeat business and referrals.
- Immediate Results – An effective social media optimization strategy will create almost immediate results for your business, which can be quantified through increased site traffic, increased lead acquisition, and ultimately increased sales. Although there can be an immediate return, these benefits will continue long-term as long as the communication and updating of your social media presence is maintained.
The Power Of Social Media Marketing
Social media becomes more popular every single day. Americans spend nearly a quarter of their time online on social networking sites and blogs, up from 15.8 percent just a year ago (43 percent increase) according to new research released recently from The Nielsen Company. This means there is a huge opportunity for you and your business to reach out to an ever growing audience by utilizing a social media marketing strategy.