Social Media Marketing
What are the benefits of social media marketing?
The biggest benefit of social media marketing is gaining more views.
According to Michael Steizner’s Social Media Marketing Industry Report:
- A significant 81% of all marketers indicated that their social media marketing efforts have generated exposure for their businesses. Improving traffic and growing lists was the second major benefit, followed by building new partnerships.
- An unexpected benefit of social media marketing was a rise in search engine rankings reported by more than half of participants. As the search engine rankings improve, so will business exposure, lead generation efforts, and a reduction in overall marketing expenses. About one in two marketers found social media marketing generated qualified leads.
- Owners of small businesses (2 to 100 employees) were more likely than others to report greater exposure (84.8% reporting benefits).
- The only financial cost of social media marketing is the time it takes to gain success. However, a significant percent of participants strongly agreed that overall marketing costs dropped when social media marketing was implemented.
- Improved search engine rankings were most prevalent among those who’ve been using social media marketing for years, with nearly 80% reporting a rise (and most reporting a strong improvement).
- At least 2 in 3 participants found that increased traffic occurred with as little as 6 hours a week invested in social media marketing. And those who have been doing this for years reported even better results. http://marketingwhitepapers.s3.amazonaws.com/smss09/SocialMediaMarketingIndustryReport.pdf